• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Restraint of trade?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

P

patty 4116

Arkansas I own a small rv park on a main freeway. I have a truck stop approximately 1/2 mile from my park (you come to them first and I am half a mile down the road). Lately I have noticed an alarming number of rigs "camped" for the night at the truck stop. I have approached them about this and they just shrug their shoulders and say "nothing I can do". Is there something I can do?? One guest even came in and told me he thought that the truck stop was the rv park as there were so many parked there. Another gentleman informed me he asked directions to my park and was informed he could park there for the night for free. I am teetering on the edge of bankruptcy any information would be helpful. Thanks. BTW this is a MAJOR chain we are talking about. :(

T

T-DESIGNER

I am not an attorney, and an attorney is more qualified to
give you advice on this matter.

If you were not on the edge of bankruptcy, I would say:

"install a lighted sign giving directions to your rv park."

This borders on the ridiculous, but since you are on the edge of
bankruptcy, stand in the road with a poster sign pointing to your
rv park, and if you see anyone driving to your rv park, hop in your
car and get their business. Or, install several inexpensive
homemade poster signs along the road.

Offer the employees of the truck stop a referral fee.

It would be nice if an attorney indicated whether or not
you might have some legal remedy.

Someone else may come up with some other non-legal ideas.

Post your problem under Real Estate General questions and
Small Claims court, and ask for ideas as well as for legal advice.

Citizen Brown

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">