• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Driving under influence of pres meds

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

U

upset_nc

In NC. My husband was involved in a single car accident while under the influence of prespcription anti depressants. He hit a pole and then drove his vehicle to his work parking lot, about 1/10 mile from accident scene. He was arrested for DWI and hit and run. I have been told by police officer that the hit and run should be dismissed with insurance payment as common in our state. His attorney advised him to refuse a blood test which he did and we know that he will lose his license for 1 yr. My question is, can he be fired from his job due to the accident? He spoke to his supervisor and was told to stay home until it was discussed between a couple of other supervisors? I plan on taking him to his dr tomorrow as I have been fighting with the drs office that his meds were not right. Any advice and please I know he screwed up as does he. Thanks.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">