• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

What Would You Choose? Equity or Cash?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

M

michael1113

Hi. I am looking at starting a business in the state of Kansas. I have a vision for the business, but lack experience or knowledge in getting it going. This started as a hobby and I soon found myself making money with the part time project. I know the first thing to do is contact an attorney. I am trying to get my business plan together, however, I am at a standstill with some legal questions. I have more than half of it completed, just getting stuck.

Can attorneys help prepare the business plan and get the startup process underway in exchange for part equity in the business if they truly believe in the idea, or is there any limitations lawyers have that would result in them settling for cash upfront?

Where would I look if there are attorneys out there willing to do this, or how should I approach them? What do you think would be a fair share of equity?

I am located in Hays, KS.

Thank you for your help.

Michael

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">