• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Shady Tax Guy?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

T

tru3

I've never filed a case before. Here's my issue:

In early December I went to ShadyTaxGuy to have my taxes done for a couple of years that I didn't file. On that date, I gave a $300 deposit. The length of time it would take was never discussed, however I have a hard time believing it takes a month and a half to do. A month and half later, the returns still haven't been filed, and although he says is still doing it, each time I call he says he will call me back and I have to date never been called back. I am forced to call over and over with the response I will be called back. I have never had my taxes prepared professionally, and have no idea how long a reasonable time to expect this service to be completed is. At this point, I am ready to sue to get my deposit back. As I have never done this before, I am looking for any advice as to whether I have a chance at winning this case before undertaking it.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">