• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Help!!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

J

JReinhart1

I got a DUI 2 years ago. A short time after my restricted ran out, I got pulled over. The cop gave me 3 tickets, one for not changing my address on my license, one for I think having license plate covers, and the third for not having my restricted paper with me. I just told him it was through the judge, and not the DMV (I had one, but like I said, it was expired). The cop said he didnt feel like having my car towed, so he gave me those 3 tickets. Otherwise I should have went to jail. This was only like 2 months after I lost my license. I never went to court for those tickets. I want to know what is going to happen to me? I want to straighten out my life, and not be scared to death to get pulled over. I am married, have 3 kids, and work full time. I am scared to death. How can I find out what could happen, without turning myself in...or do I have a bench warrant for not showing up to court?
Please help! Oh yah...I am in NY.

D

dabear

Your license is more than likely suspended. Different states, even agencies deal with suspendeds differently. You will not have a warrant because of three infractions, it must be criminal for a warrant to be issued.

K

Kittyscorpio

dabear i don't bout the laws in Ny but in ohio if u don't show up for the hearing or pay your ticket they do issue a bench warrent for you...i know this cause my b/f forgot to pay a ticket for loud music and he got pulled over and sent to jail for not paying a ticket

D

dabear

In Washington State the FTA's would equal a suspended license, which is criminal. One can go to jail for a suspended license, like I said depends on agencies policies and the officer.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">