• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Personal Vehicles for Business Use & Passenger Liability

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

D

dalecorey1

Florida:

Recently, we hired a new employee. Twice, when I was going to lunch, I invited the new employee with me. Both times, I made a quick stop to pick up something for our office. After the second trip, my boss raised an issue about the business being liable if I were in an accident and my passenger were injured. He said that my passenger could sue the company if they were injured. Therefore, he no longer wanted me to have her join me if I was going on "business". I have full coverage car insurance along with liability. Is my boss right? I asked my boss to provide me with written documentation of the company's insurance policy and he told me to go seek my own legal advice on the issue. I read somewhere in this forum where I would actually be personally liable if I were in an accident and my passenger was injured while doing a business related activity. I told this to my boss but then my boss said that if my insurance was "capped" that the business could be sued. Who is fooling who here?

Thank you. D. Corey

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">