• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

judge trouble

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

H

hambone

I recently encountered a district court judge that entered a judgement for garnishment without an opportunity to appear in court to show explanation. When brought to his attention in a request to set aside judgement for due process, I recieved a notice the following day that "contest of garnishment was overrulled". I agree that $500.00 isn't alot of money, but don't I have a right to have my position heard by the "judge"? Once a judge has violated a persons right(s),(ie 6th amendment) is there any recourse to put this guy out of business, or does his title give him the right to war against our country's constitution? I would like to find out how this small claims case ended up in district court anyway. This started out as a hospital bill of over $15,000.00 , and all actually left owed is $130.00 , but I guess the judge could care less. Bill was incurred in 1999. This happened in Iowa. Or is it , "The United State of Iowa"?

Please any suggestion will be greatly appreciated
sarcasim is also welcome

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">