• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

parking ticket near hospital

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

J

joseph17

I just returned from taking my wife to the hospital for an emergency. I'm glad that she is recovering, but I'm not glad I received a parking ticket.

Because this was an emergency, I did not have time to find parking specifically for hospital patrons. I turned down a local street, and parked and rushed back to the hospital,where I had left my wife. This was about 10pm and the parking was pitch black, although there were probably signs nearby regarding parking by permit only.

My question is whether or not it is worth contesting the $32 ticket, since it was an emergency and the area was pitch black, and difficult to see where you were walking, let along seeing the signs. Most of the areas on the ticket where the apparent officer wrote in by hand is too light to read, looks like a carbon. This is the first ticket for me.

Thanks
Joe/NJ:(

C

CombatTN88

joseph17 said:
I just returned from taking my wife to the hospital for an emergency. I'm glad that she is recovering, but I'm not glad I received a parking ticket.

Because this was an emergency, I did not have time to find parking specifically for hospital patrons. I turned down a local street, and parked and rushed back to the hospital,where I had left my wife. This was about 10pm and the parking was pitch black, although there were probably signs nearby regarding parking by permit only.

My question is whether or not it is worth contesting the $32 ticket, since it was an emergency and the area was pitch black, and difficult to see where you were walking, let along seeing the signs. Most of the areas on the ticket where the apparent officer wrote in by hand is too light to read, looks like a carbon. This is the first ticket for me.

Thanks
Joe/NJ:(
If that was an emergency, you should had pulled in ER driveway to bring your wife in. After nurse or doctor takes care of your wife, you go back and find a parking place.

My best bet is to explain that to the judge especially about area being pitch black which you felt that it was dangerous.

My best luck, Combat

P

plifter

Go to court and plead "not guilty". The judge will probably try to get you say something to incriminate yourself at this point. Don't say anything. Make city or state give you a trial. They will have to pay the officer to testify against you and pay the judge for his time. Some areas require a prosecutor to handle these cases as well. Even if convicted it could end up costing the government $100's to collect their $32 ticket. If enough people exercised their right to trial then cops would have to quit trying use tickets to raise revenue and might spend their time actually trying to solve crimes.

Rochelle

plifter's paranoia is growing. Now, not only are cops out to get him but judges too. Maybe you should just move to another country. You know, where you can jerk off in an illegally tilted car, speed, drive recklessly, and pretty much have no laws to follow. But then you'd complain they were being too easy on you because you're black too.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">