• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

court orders

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

S

sissy1949

state name.....georgia
question.....is a court order legal if it has the wrong dates and has information on it that was not mentioned in court? am i entitled to a copy of the court transcript?

S

saddleup

Most states will supply a transscript, for a price! As to type O's. If you understand the direction of the court order you are to obey.
Not compling with a court order can involve jail/fine. Don't try to mess with a judge on a small technicality.

crager34

I remember getting a speeding ticket in my younger days. It had the wrong date on it. I now know that I could have easily gotten out of it, but.....

While in front of the judge, he asked me if I was speeding regardless of the date. I said yes. Granted, I may not have been on the day listed on the ticket, but the responsibility is still mine. IMHO - that is one of American Citizen's main malfunctions.... lack of responsibility.

If your worried about the ramifications of the wrong information, petition the courts to make the corrections. In the mean time, I feel saddleup has some good advice.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">