• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

small business fraud?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

A

Aerinsol

I am in Arizona, my husband has been trying to get his own networking consulting business off the ground. A coworker said he had contacts to gain contracts, but needed money ($1200) for administrative pruposes. He would return the money if the contracts failed, which they did. He didn't have the money and a payment plan was added to the original promissory note. This started in May 2001 and he has failed to keep his end of the bargain. my husband is not good with confrontation and fell into his 'sob' stories. This guy has hit others for money for various reasons, business or personal. At least two others called the police to get their money back - it worked. Another coworker gave more money($6,000) than my husband and did research on parts of their conversations and found some 'questionable' results. This came to light Jan 14, 2002. It would be small claims for just my husband, but if we worked together with the other guy it would be criminal. What are our rights/options toward prosecuting him for fraud?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">