• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Legal battle - scammed for $1200 please help + contract fraud?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

G

gleake

Any reply to this would greatly be appreciated, from anyone who knows the law.

State: AZ

I sold a car in phoenix last december to a person who paid me $3800 up front and signed a contract stating he would pay $2200 on january 8th of 2002. He breeched that contract and only paid me $1000, but signed a new contract stating he would pay the remaining $1200 in two payments by the 11th. He breeched that contract as well, on two counts.

He now states that he wired me the money on the 17th but my bank confirms no wires have been received. He also put a fake address on the contract, not of his residency but of a friend.

The person also bought the car on his work time, at his work, in his office, and used one of his co-workers to witness the transaction who signed the contract as well.

I know I will win in court, but I don't want to go there and am attempting to get this person to stop lying and pay me.

Can I report this person to the Atty General for Contract fraud or breech of contract? What about the USPS for mail fraud?

What implications does the false address he put have on the contract contract?

Thank you

D

dorenephilpot

If you post your question on the contracts boards, you'll probably stand a better chance of getting useful information.

Best of luck to you!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">