• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

School called place of employement

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

L

lhill1108

My son was caught stealing from a vocational school, they pressed charges against him, expelled him from school and he wound up doing 30 days in a Juvenile Detention Center. He was wrong for stealing, but the school called his place of employment and told them what he did, they in turned fired him. The school denies the phone call, the employer will not return my phone call. I'm so angry at the school, I want retribution...do I have any recourse!!!!!!

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

My response:

Where's your proof that the school did anything wrong or made the call?

It could also have been someone that your son knows who made the call.

IAAL

L

lhill1108

He was specifically told by his employer "the school call me and told me what happened, I will have to let you go, but please have your parents call me maybe we can work something out" which we have tried calling him every since that night, but there is always some excuse. My husband even went there in person and he told him he was too busy to talk to him. He also told my son what a great job he was doing, and he could probably work something out. I just wanted to talk to him to see who he spoke to from the school.

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

My response:

It's not going to happen. If the employer was going to tell you anything, it would already have happened. You're being strung along because the former employer no longer wishes to be involved.

It's time for your son to move on.

IAAL

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
Just because the person on the other end of the phone said he was from the school, doesn't mean he actually was.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">