• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

business partner misconduct

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

G

glhunter

colorado: I am an equal partner in an electrical contracting corporation, the electrician is the other partner. we are dissolving the company. i found out he has asked several customers to pay him directly for jobs contracted through the corporation. this man was a partner in another electrical contracting business that had its assets seized because they failed to pay taxes. I believe he has had these companies pay him directly to receive all the rest of the money due the corporation himself and so he wouldn't have taxes taken out or report it at all. what has the partner receiving the funds done wrong legally? can the other partner ask him to return all funds he has had paid to him directly and then issue paychecks with the proper taxes taken out? would this action legally cover the other owner of any wrong doing? what should the owner who did not receive any funds do to protect herself from the electricians misconduct? we are not set up as an s-corporation, although we thought we were.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">