• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

D.U.I. on criminal record.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

B

bini

I received 2 d.u.i's one in 1987 the other in 1988. I was sentenced for both at the same time. I received 7 days work release, a fine, out patient a suspension on my license and parole. The stipulation was that my license would be suspended until everything was taken care of or at least a year. I got pregnant at about the same time and had problems so it was well over a year before I finished my outpatient. When I called up the DMV to see what I had to do to get my license back (this is approx 1990) They told me that my license was only expired and to just go take the driving test. I did not think that this was right and did not want this haunting me so I called the court house gave them my case # and asked them to read the stipulations to me. They in turn informed me that there is no such case # and that there never had been (I know the # was right because I had all of my court papers in front of me). needless to say I not only called the court house once but 5 times and also went in person with all of my paper work and they just acted like I was nuts. Then a couple of years ago I received another D.U.I. and you guessed it I got a diversion. I guess my question is How does a person go about checking their criminal record I would really like to Know if the only thing on my record is a diversion or if the other D.U.I's are on there also. Oh yea I am from Kansas and also has this ever happened to anyone else. Comments on this are greatly appreciated.

R

RedneckRoy

My cousin that lives in Kentucky was able to get his wrap sheet for paying $25. Do some calling around you might be able to do the same.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">