• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

College Student Loan Scam

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

A

AngieGoff

In the spring of 1994 I applied for student finanical aid at Ohio State University. I received aid in the form of a grant, ( a pell grant ), and an emergency student loan thru the college itself because I was flat broke. Anyway, I completed the quarter and didn't attend the following fall of 95 because I joined the Army. I made payments on my perkins loans I received from the previous year & paid my emergency student loan off completely to the college and out of no where in 1998 I received a notice stated I am in defualt of a loan taking out in 1994 from a banking insitition I never applied to. When I asked for the promissary note, it couldn't be furnished. When I asked the department of education for the name of the institution claiming I took out a loan, (in the amt of 4000.00 grand) I was given two different bank names. The dept of ed has put a lein on my tax returns and refuses to recognize the fact I didn't take a loan out. The dept of ed claims the original application I filled out with the college at the beginning of the year to receive any type of financial aid works as a promissary note? How could this be? Can I sue the department of education?

Last edited:

vrzirn

Despite all your ranting and raving and rambling you have left out the most important part; have you contacted the two banks?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">