• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

dui, accident, and being sued... why is my atty so clueless...does insurance cover

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

F

flagirl813

A brief history that will help assist in my questions...

Feb 2001- charged w/ dui refused field and bac test..violated probation w/ this arrest......sentenced to 60 days in jail (FL) for V.O.P...dui was reduced to reckless driving w/ atty.....released from jail in July...Aug 2001 charged w/ DUI w/ property damage and personal injury....refused field and bac .....Oct 2001 made deal w/ state pleaded guilty to DUI in Aug and first DUI was amended to reckless driving..placed on probation for 1 1/2 years 3 A.A. meetings a week, 100 community hrs, and DUI school...

Now that you know what i have been through i can ask my questions...WHY AM I BEING SUED FOR MEDICAL BILLS IF I HAD INSURANCE AND WHY HAS SHE NOT MADE A CLAIM ON MY POLICY IS FL A NO FAULT STATE IF I HAD INSURANCE WHY IS SHE SUEING ME???

WHAT IS RESTITUTION AND WILL I GO TO JAIL IF I CANT PAY THE ENTIRE AMOUNT RIGHT AWAY? (WHY ARE THE INSURANCE COMPANIES NOT PAYING THE BILLS)

HOW DO I KNOW IF SHE WAS INJURED IN THE ACCIDENT OR IS PULLING A INSURANCE SCAM ON ME?

ON WHAT GROUNDS IS SHE SUEING ME ON???

WHY CANT MY ATTY ANSWER ANY OF THESE QUESTIONS??

CAN I ASK THE JUDGE TO REDUCE MY PREVIOUS SENTENCE?

M

mcormick

sued

I live in Mi so I cant help you very much,but,Ill give some insight in this manner.Hopefully somebody else in this forum could help you alittle more.You might have to investigate most of this stuff yourself.Insurance plan,hospital records,etc... your going to have to be on guard.Sounds like somebody wants your head on a platter.Take your time(play lawyer)they take thier time.It sounds like you dont have time,but Ill bet your lawyer will drag this on for months.go to the accident site take pics,talk to people in the area if they saw anything.Get thier statements.See where Im going.I hope this helped just a little bit.P.S If your lawyer needs more money,ask why,maybe you can do that yourself.......

D

deefran

Your car insurance may have only covered so much...she does have the right to pursue you for a personal injury claim due to your negligence of drinking and driving, since you plead guilty that was all the proof she neede to file a civil suit against you.

M

Mikedani

Oh BOO HOO HOO (Poor me), you sound like a real jerk. It sounds like you got great deal, your DUI's were dropped to reckless. It sounds like you need a mind reader instead of an attorney... they could break out thier crystal ball and answer all pesky questions that keep nagging at the back of you mind.
As far as insurance scam, maybe she just wants you to take some responsibility for your actions, think of this as a wake up call.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">