• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Tax Classes

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

crager34

Legitimate question here loku. I understand if you don't know. Just wanted to put this back at the top for another peak. See if anyone can answer the question above.

crager34

CRAZYNESS

Here is what I finally found:

www.irs.gov/plain/news/efoia/6209toc.htm

Went to section 2 and looked up W-2's, W-4's, and 1099's. Looked to the right under "Tax Class" and I see five (5).

Then went to section four(4). This shows the Document Locator Number assigned to every return or document input through the ADP system. The third number of the DLN is the tax class.

Then I went to the second page of section four, where it lists what type of Taxes the "Tax Class" is associated with. The above mentioned forms look to be associated, and only associated with, Estate and Gift Taxes.

Now, please tell me if I am wrong, and if so how: But, what this is telling me is..... The money paid to me for my labor is classified as either an Estate or Gift Tax (class 5).

Shouldn't I be filling out the IRS Form 709 or 709A "Gift Tax Return" or simular? Because when I look at the "Tax Class" for a 1040 form, it shows a number one (2).

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">