• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Confused

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

L

Leila

I left a long time hurtful marriage two years ago. He controlled all of the finances and I left with nothing and have no access to it or real knowledge of details. Divorce is too expensive from here and he will not file as he prefers his status at the moment.
I have reason to believe he signs the tax forms each year with my name like I am there. I also do not have any idea of what I need to do for my own taxes with no assets except the ones he controls . or income in the US.
I was not allowed to work and he worked in a govt job so there is no Soc. Security as well just a pension which I have no access to.
Could you please suggest how I should proceed at this point. I am hoping to start a new life here

Leila

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">