• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

URGENT!!! Kicked of debate team, iligit

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

L

LdDebater

I have a personality conflict with my speach and debate coach. We have been fighting for three years, I am now a junior. He has called me a synical bitch. He has also told me that I am a horrible debater and I know otherwise. I was recently told that I was no longer co captian of the team. My good friend soon resigned and The coach was left with no captians. I then had to sign a contract that said I would no longer talk to the coach. I was forced, out of necessity to talk to him about a tournament and he tryed to start a conversation about the events. I tryed to be sweet but he kept asking me why I was being so nice. I just up and left. He wrote a report to the office and administrators. The report was falsified, short of just talking to him it was all bs. I was then informed that I was kicked of the speech team and was forced to sign a contract at the counseling office that said I was not allowed to associate with any member of the team because I caused negative feelings. The counselor said this is the best thing for the time being, but she thought it was all kind of sketchy, his lies contradicted each other. My mother was then called by the counseling office and told an entirely different story, and that my removal was justified. I then found out that I was going to get to stay on the team and that I had to write a contract that would be fair. Upon entering the counseling office this afternoon I was told to write the contract that I was comfortable with. I started to and then went toa sk the counselor what I should write. SHe yelled and told me that the speech coach had already made his decission I had broken contract and that I was of the team with no hope. She once again thought this was fair. I am about to call him, in three hours, 8:00 pacific time. I am going to try to talk I just want to know if I have any rights what they are, and if they have been violated, also what I should say to him. HELP PLEASE..
Debate is friends and family and college scholarships. This is my life and I need it. Thanx :confused: :confused: :confused:

Last edited:

L

LdDebater

Forgot location

Oregon, Once again thank you:) :) :confused: :confused:

Last edited:

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

My response:

I was debating last night. Then my wife caught me . . . (rim shot).

Look, school is not a Democracy, inasmuch as students would like to think it is. Teachers and Principles have the final say in such matters, and courts very, very rarely get involved.

Good luck.

IAAL

JETX

I am biting my tongue as I say this, but.... if the spelling errors in your post are any indication of your debating skills, I can see the coaches decision.

If you are considering writing the coach with your comments or complaint, I suggest that you use a spell-checker.

Flame-suit is on and shields are at full strength.

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

Our writer said . . .

"He has also told me that I am a horrible debater and I know otherwise."

Yeah, goddamn it ! And you can't tell me otherwise !

Our writer said . . .

"He has called me a synical bitch."

Yeah, and what the hell does HE know, anyway?

IAAL

J

JasonRT

Dear LdDebater,

Your next move is to file a complaint with the district office. If you go to the district office they will have seperate forms you may fill out to bring a complaint against both the teacher and the counselor. They have the power to overrule the school's decision on this issue.

If that doesn't work, take it up with the school board. After that it's time to get Mom to hire an attorney and file a lawsuit against the school. The only reason the courts rarely get involved in these decisions is because not enough parents invest the money in an attorney to right the school's wrongs.

[email protected]

vrzirn

I seriously doubt this semi-literate kid with an "attitude" can compose a compelling argument. It is even less likely her parents will invest money to retain an attorney. The only thing that might work is an apology and working within the guidelines set by the coach. More complaints will only create additional antagonism and preclude any working relationship.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">