• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

truck, warranty/never fixed/ fixed elsewhere

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

F

florida lady 10

I bought a 1995 truck in dec.2001 from dealer. I made a note of what they needed to fix, air condition, etc. Manage to get manager to give me written warranty for 90 days. I took truck back for repairs on a/c. Still not fixed. This went on for two times and warranty ran out. I went back and argued with the manager. I told him I wanted the paper work and he said it was an inside job and there was no paper work. I called lawyer and he said they had to give me paper of what they claim they fixed. Manager gave me paper work, a/c still not fixed. Finally a/c compressor went out. Waranty ranout. Back to dealer he said they put in $600.00 plus and the stock numbers show that on paper. I said if I called stock they would verify that parts came to that amount. He got upset.Said why did'nt I bring truck back and I said, because you never fixed it, now he won't. I said split the cost and no, was his final say. I had no money so I waited until this dec.2002 and got it fixed. Can I win in small claims court? Is it worth it. I have all my paper work. Manager says he doesn't like to be threaten, meaning court and lawyer. I don't either. I live on ssd.I paid $11,400.00 for truck. (settlement) Nice truck, great condition,52,000 miles.$600.00 out for a/c. What do you think?

D

Defensive1

I had similar bad luck with a car warranty. I had a lawyer write a letter and they fixed the AC three times, plus the transmision. Total cost otherwise would have been about $5,000.

My son had similar problems with his engine that had to be repairs, then it failed within 24 hours, and finally the transmission had to be replaced. The cost if the lawyer had not helped us would have been another $7,000.

There are legal plans that range in price from about 9.95 a month that give personal legal advice and write letters or make phone calls for you, and then give you a discount if you need more help.

Other plans charge more, but give you more benefits and protection. It's like buying an accidental injury policy versus a major medical policy.

Even a letter from a cheap plan might help you,especially since the service manager doesn't like lawyers. Sounds like people have had to use lawyers on him before and he's been taken to court.

F

florida lady 10

Thank's for the help.

I need to have a lawyer on hire anyway with todays time.
Great help, I'll let you know how it turns out.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">