• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Business type ... enigma

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

P

pjpitt

Who can tell me? I applied for a California LLC for a R.E. broker license to sell mortgages and property management services. The state (after months) replies: "you cannot use an LLC for a professional practice?" [Practice? I never heard R.E. called a 'practice' before]. WHAT TYPE or FORM IS THE CORRECT FORM? [as you might guess, they will not answer that question .. their approach 'keep applying' and if you find one you can have we'll give you the OK." Of course the next Ice Age could occur before I find the business type they will accept. Does anyone know the right :confused:

D

dnkravitz

I can see why they say it's professional. You are providing a service and not selling actual products as in retail sales. Only about 32 states allow LLCs and not all have the same rules.

I would recommend books from your local library that explain all your choices for incorporating yourself. For example, you will find a good book which is recent on the web site www.nolo.com

Good Luck!:)

P

pjpitt

Thanks

Thanks. I will do just that. I guess the S-corp is where I am headed. Thanks again. Paul [P.S. if you are looking for a house or selling one the commission is free!][or a mortgage]

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">