• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

what am I gonna have to pay IRS???

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

amberwave

I inhirited a CD when my grandma passed away for 42k then I gave 33k of that to my daughter to buy a home ...then my mom gave me 35K right before she passed away..and I gave my brother and sister 10k each {out of the 35K} of that money ...HOW much am I gonna have to pay IRS ...??? since I really only kept maybe 25k all total?? MY mom gave me the money as she knew I would give some to my brother and sister....but I think I am gonna be stuck with taxes on that amonunt...? I am disabled and live on very little money ..I guess what I am asking ...I know you can give someone 10k , do I owe taxes on the CD ...and the part I gave my daughter? Help somebody ...give me some ans. if you can.

Last edited:

JETX

As you are probably aware, tax law is very confusing and requires extensive familiarity with all the particulars of a situation. As such, it is very hard if not impossible for anyone to answer your question with the bare minimum information you have provided. (Not to mention the state laws which no one can answer since you didn't follow the rules of this forum.... see the RED text at the top of the screen???).

So, with that, I suggest you pay the small amount to have a competent CPA (not Arthur Anderson), review your tax liability issues.

amberwave

Umm I belive I did that !

If you will look to the left of my post .....it says .........Location: Ks. that means Kansas ....???? I noticed which you didnt fill that part in ....but thank you any way for your post ...? I guess? :D

JETX

Actually, KS means Kansas, not 'Ks'!!

Yes, but if you had made as many posts as I have on this forum (over 3800), you would know that the 'location' does NOT show up when replying....

And that your stated 'location' often has little or nothing to do with the jurisdiction of the case being answered. For example, your post talks about a 'grandma' (who lived where??) and a 'mom' (who lived where??) and a 'brother and sister' (who live where??) and 'you' (who lives where??).

Last edited:

amberwave

Get out of here....ha ha

WOW ...are you trying to clean it up...ha ha ...! excuseeeeee me ! ........... ..IT ALL WAS IN KS.......! JERK ....

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">