• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

DUI arrest - fake ID

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

D

danzig

colorado:

situation: a 20 yr old is arrested after being pulled over for a dui. i supplied him with my drivers license for 60 dollars since i am of age. say there were no witnesses to the transaction. the police officer searches his wallet, finds my id, takes it. he does not write this on the ticket he issues to the defendent. i plan on saying that i must have misplaced the id somewhere and it wound up in his hands - even if the defendent states that i sold it to him.

what is the likelihood of the officer prosecuting me and if so, how long before this would happen? i was hard up for cash and have never done this before and have a clean record in every way. it seems to me that they have him on a bunch of charges and won't bother with the id charge since they didn't confiscate it while he was attempting to use it.

thanks so much, i'm not going to do this again! :eek:

D

dabear

I want to comment on this so bad. But, my comments would be full of sarcastic remarks and full of negativity. I will let other readers reply.

D

david hassel

This is got to be the dumbest one yet...

But guess what the idoit who got caught with your license is really in trouble.

If you are a good believable liar you could say you guys were drinking at your home and you passed out and didnt know he took your license.

but you gotta be good at this scam.

but then again how did you know this guy? was he a "friend" had he been over your house before, had you been drinkin buddies?

Do you have a car? How long between the time you sold it to him and he got arrested? how long has it ben since he was arrested?

If we are talking last week, you could possibly say you lost your license somewhere, and he found it and used it.

if we are talking about last month, then you are going to have to explain how you can not miss your drivers license for so long... you always need to show your license for ID....every few days somewhere.

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">