• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

First DUI - California

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

S

sallym

Hi. My boyfriend was recently arrested for a DUI. This is his first offense, and there was no accident or other parties involved. His BAC was pretty high - about .20 or higher I think. What are the chances that he'll do a lot of jail time? He has a good job with the city (the one that arrested him), and no previous altercations with the law. Any advice is welcome.

Thanks!

R

rentalbugger

chances are he'll lose his license or it will be suspended for awaile, and if that good job with the city involves driving, well there goes the job.

Tell him to get acquainted with the BUS and other public transportation, or you will have to drive him to and from work.

GEEZ he coulda took a cab home, or called you to pick him up....

M

Morpheus

I had the same thing happen to me about a year ago. I would recommend getting a lawyer and going to a drug and alcohol treatment center. That helped me anyway, I never lost my license, didn't go to jail,never paid any fines. The case was dismissed a year later.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">