• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

attendance laws

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

S

summerchild

i live in the state of missouri and my 16 yr old daughter got into trouble last year because of truancy. she will be 17 this april and i am wondering if they can still force her to attend school.:confused:

B

bluebird87

Yes she can still get in trouble with the law no mater what age if shes still enrolled in the school, but it does depend on the school and if they do report it. Im 16 and have not officially dropped out of school for many different important reasons but have missed about 40 days of school this year and they havent done anything but I did get in trouble in the 8th grade for 8 unexcused abscenses and had to go to court. If you wish to ask more questions you can email me at [email protected]

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">