• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Parking Violation in Ohio

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

R

rklesla

I'm in Ohio. I couldn't find the exact law anywhere on there site.

I was dropping off my girlfriend at Target so she could go in and get some pins. I stayed in my car next to the doors with my signal on and the car running. When she came out of Target to get into the car, a police officer pulled up and gave me a parking ticket because I he said I was parking in a no-parking zone. There is a sign in that area that says no-parking, but is parking also considering someone in the car while its running and not when no-one is in it?

Please respond, Thanks.

Shawn

racer72

If vehicle movement in not controlled by traffic device or road conditions and vehicle is not moving, it is considered parked. Some ordinances or traffic codes also include a specific length of time that the vehicle is not moving, I have seen time ranges from 30 seconds to 5 minutes. Now I get to use a new word I just picked up. It is called pettifoggery. It is what you are trying to do in your defense of violating a law. The dictionary definition is "one given to quibbling over trifles".

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">