• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

college application prejudice.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

D

davids

Okay this is a case that I have run into And i was wondering what other people would do in my sitiuation.
I graduated in 2001.
THere for i applied to go to college. The only one that i wanted to go to that i met or more than met their academic qualifications.
Not to bad right well here is where i need some advice.
I have a criminal history. It is only one crime, but the nature of the crime naturaly requires more paperwork which i was happy to do.
So i did all this paper work got more than the minimum number of recomendation letters that they wanted. I did everything that they asked. After a couple of weeks without hearing word one from them I called up. THey told me they had the envelope but none of the paper work. So i sent it all out again. From then on they never sent word or anything. And by this time it was the end of the summer and it was to late to apply anywhere else.
So I waited and then before the second semester started I got ahold of them again and tried to find out what was happening. Again they tell me they don't have the paper work but they have the envelope. I went over what happened with the admissions person. THey told me they would look into it.
And for the last few months I have been tring to get ahold ofthem . But every attempt has just been totally ignored.
I now have the feeling that they are being prejudice against me and i feel like I am being denied a high education.

D

dorenephilpot

Yes, the college or university can choose not to admit you if you have a criminal history.

Unfortunately for you, having a criminal history does not put you in a protected class that would enable you to successfully sue for discrimination.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">