• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Irevoccable Trust

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

J

julbox3134

I have two issues to discuss this tax year so I will be making two separate posts.
A dear friend of mine passed away in 1997 and left an irrevoccable trust in my name. The whole thing is set up in a strange way. To make a long story short I will receive this rather large amount of money in the year 2007. In the meantime, I receive $3000.00 a month from the trust. The taxes for this monthly allotment are paid by the trust itself. I have documentation to support this. Should I be filing taxes if I have no other income and will I have to pay taxes on it even though it is already being paid by the trust?

dmode101

If you have income taxable to you, you should get a K-1 from the trustee. I suggest you talk to the trustee to clarify how this works. I hope the trustee is emplying an accountant or attorney for this.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">