• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

a question of corporate law

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

J

john222

This came from a University that I’m currently attending, sometimes I don’t agree with what the instructors on what they are talking about….could you clarify this question below for me, is he right?? Ohhh by the way I have the whole tape, I don’t believe I took this out of context but like I said I have the tape…..

John

This is from my instructor in class lecture:

"I can be the only person in my business, I start a business using all of my money, I create a corporation and I’m the president of that corporation, and my corporation is in the business of hitting people with bats as they walk down the street, I think that sounds fun I would like to be able to take whacks at people I don’t like the looks of and they can’t sue me, they can sue my corporation but my corporation only has like 8 bucks, well yee haa I’ll pay the 8 bucks, that’s a lifetime of enjoyment, is that okay??? I think that’s an odd example I don’t know how I would make money at it, but actually yes I can,… I’ll take money from you to whack people with baseball bats that you don’t like,…. you can pay me to do it. I’ll betcha there are people in this room that have candidates right now…..for 5 bucks I will hit anyone you like in the arm as hard as I can with a wooden baseball bat…would you pay me 5 bucks lets see a show of hands….I’m getting a few anyway.. you’re not liable cause you didn’t hit em I’m not liable I didn’t hit em the corporation that I work for hit em…and they can sue that corporation and shut it down…and get all 8 dollars, or and they can have the bat,… it’s the only asset the corporation owns is the baseball bat so they get the bat…and they put the corporation out of business so what do I do…start a new corporation give it a different name start hitting people with baseball bats again….so why is that okay???..and that’s the real issue in respect with ownership & corporate responsibility"

Is this true, can a person really do this?? Open a corporation and do this?. Wouldn’t the person that actually hit the other person be liable?

Was this just a very bad example by my instructor???? …I ask this question because at the start of the class he said he wanted to make us, the class think..is he right about this?? I’m not intending to go out and do this, I don’t think he is right the person swinging the bat would get sued and the person that paid to have the person on the street hit would also be sued too on account of it’s like a hit. What are your thoughts e-mail me please at [email protected]

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">