• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

want to buy a differnt car. will nsurance check ticket history?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

B

Bikerchick

This is an insurance-dui question. I got a dui more than a year and a half ago. Took care of it. My question is an insurance type question. I want to buy a car, but I'm afraid my insurance company will find out about the dui. When I got reinstated I went to another insurance company and got a leader bond of financial responsibility and paid the year plus I kept my regular insurance up to date but I didn't let my regular insurance company know anything. So my insurance hasn't changed. so far.. but anyway I want to buy another car which will mean a different insurance policy from my regular insurance. Will my regular insurance company check my ticket history or just give me another policy without checking for tickets?

JETX

An insurance company can run a drivers history on you at any time (and some do random or scheduled checks - say every 3 years, just as normal procedure). Therefore, it isn't possible for anyone to tell you definitively whether your new car would or wouldn't 'trigger' one of these checks.

But I can say that anytime you change your coverage or 'pop out of the trenches', it is possible that the company or agent could say, "Gee, we haven't run a history on old 'Bikerchick' yet, let's go ahead and do one."

B

Bikerchick

After 3 years of having dui

After 3 years of having a dui will I be clear as far as insurance goes? Can they still see the dui or will they not have access to info after 3 years?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">