• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

cancel a car contract

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

D

divobep

I lived in Dallas, TX and just brought a new car. After I signed my contract I noticed some additional fee; can I cancel this contract?:confused: :confused:

JETX

Was this 'additional fee' was in the contract when you signed it. If so, the answer is no.

D

Defensive1

I'm NOT a lawyer. However, I'd suggest that you have a skilled contract lawyer look over the contract.

You have to decide, will it cost you more to have the contract reviewed by a lawyer, than keeping the vehicle (with the problem) will cost you.

Their may be other items in the contract that are "Not in the public good" that may allow you to void the contract. Just because it's in the contract does NOT make it legal. If they charged you higher than the legal interest rates, left out items like your right to cancel a deal within a certain time period as required in some states, on major purchases, even if it was NOT bought at your home, then you might have an out.

Any unclear parts of the contract are usually ruled in favor of the party that did NOT have the contract prepared.

Unfortunately, contracts and insurance policies are USUALLY written by lawyers and are usually 100% legal, although they may be ethically or morally wrong.

The law is legal, NOT logical. BEWARE of mediation which may favor the business owner.

ndun_usa

hi

I have a question?I signed a contract for a new car but didn't pay anythink except the check($300) that I gave to the dealer as a warranty that I'm gonna pay him all the money that I owe when I find them(FINANSING).But now I decide that I don't wanna take this car.So can I go there and tell him that I want to cancel the contract.And if yes.Can I stop my check. Thank you

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">