• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Irrevocable Trust income

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

ohio
I am trustee of an irrevocable trust. My home, insurance and a CD are in it. I have been paying the real estate tax and insurance premium out of the interest from the CD, which about covers those costs. Do I have to pay income tax on the full amount of the interest at the Trust inc. tax rate, which is 28%???
Doesn't seem quite right. This is the B trust..I have revoked my A trust.
Thanks

L

loku

You should be filing a trust return on Form 1041. In it, you must report the interest income and you can deduct the property tax and insurance premium, or if the trust is set up otherwise, you report the income for the trust on the Form 1041, and you show a distribution deduction for the taxes and insurance. Then you show the income from the trust distribution on your 1040 and deduct the property tax.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">