• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

1099-c debt cancellation

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

B

Brenda K.

texas

2001 $30m debt cancelled(or 'charged off'), numerous creditors, have not received 1099-c from them all, should i be worried,should i call creditors? how do i know if they reported it to irs, but not me? do not want audit!
also, how do i prove insolvency or will i have to?

thank you

B

Brenda K.

the paperwork i received from each of the creditors says settled paid in full. some of them also state that as a result of IRS regulations applicable to discharges of indebtednedd, they are required to file a 1099-c information return with the irs if the balance forgiven is $600.00 or more. each of the 6 creditors settled with me for over $600.00.
so, you tell me, they state both words in their final statements, settled and forgiven.
:confused:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">