• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

(3) General 1040 questions

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

K

kevinh41

3 questions:

1. Schedule 1 (Itemized Deductions), Line 22 – Other Expenses. In the 1040 Instruction book, it says that expenses that are included are: “Certain Legal and Accounting Fees”. Would this include legal fees that my wife and myself spent in 2001 on a Separation/Divorce?

2. My W-2, Block 12D amount is $1,300. In the explanation, it mentions that this relates to SIMPLE (Savings Incentive Match Plan for Employee) retirement plans (which is my Federal government Thrift Savings Plan). Can this be included as adjusted gross income on my 1040, Line 29 (Self-employed SEP, SIMPLE, and qualified plans)?

3. My W-2, Block 14 (Pretax HB Premiums) amount is $2,075? Can this be applied to my taxes to save money and if so, what line?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">