• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Underage Drinking

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

J

jonnylungs

My question pertains to Wisconsin law. In July I was charged with a village ordinance violation for Underage Consumption of Alcohol which was my first offense. On Friday my local campus security charged me with a state statute violation of Underage Consumption of Alcohol. When asked if I had any prior offenses I dumbly stated that I had got one in July, and when the officer checked my record and nothing came up. Nonetheless I was charged with a 2nd offense of the State Statute and fined $337 for choosing to consume a beverage I am not, by law, allowed to consume. My question is, have I been mis-charged as a 2nd offense or do ordinance violations carry over to State law?

Thanks

Jonny Lungs
Adovate for the Reform of Underage Drinking Laws
And Strengthening of Drunken Driving Laws

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">