• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Drunk Driving

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

A

adungan

i live in ft. collins colorado and i was arested on dec 1 for dui. my bac was .195 and they have given me the opportunity of getting it reduced to a dwai with 8 days in jail. i have been w/o a lisence since jan 1. should i take the dwai and when will i get my lisence back?

R

RedneckRoy

You were pretty darn drunk buddy. If I were you, I'd jump on that plea bargain. About the license, I ain't got a clue. But I think most states let you get some sort of work driving permit while your license is suspended.

P

petmann

I guess YOU KNOW NOW to keep an extra $20 just in case of being drunk and calling a cab!!!

HEY U guess what? If ya aint gotz no money the bar will give it to ya to pay the cab, and bill it to your credit card....

See how easy it was to avoid drinking and driving? Guess your not that smart huh BOI!

T

totallybroke

I lived in CO for awhile, a friend of mine got a dwai and she served community service, paid a fine and went to alcohol class - they nailed her on her insurance afterwards though.

T

totallybroke

....forgot to say, she just blew a .09, it would be a crap shoot, is the DA mad on the day of your sentencing, is it a nice spring day and the judge is E*W)E()W( because he isn't fishing.

I did find this on the Boulder CO website about DWAI's

DUI/DWAI PENALTIES

1st DWAI
Presumed Alcohol content 0.05
Points Toward Suspension8 points
Fine$100-$500
Jail 2-180 days
Public Service24-48 hours

2nd DWAI I
0.5 %
one year revocation
$300-$1000
45 days -one year
48-96 hours

H

Humble Warrior

DWAI? Never heard of it. But I live in PA too!!
My best advice is to contact the local Public Defenders' office. They forgot more about the law than I know.......they also know which judges are more lienent than others. They can schedule your court date around the docket schedule to get you in front of a nicer judge.
The key is to be well dressed,mannerly,and respectfull......even in the PD's office.....if you come across to the PD as just another scum-bag trying to skate. they wont work for you as hard as they normally would.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">