• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Mortgage Interest

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

V

Veronica Graham

My husband and I recently bought a home with a conventional loan, first and second trust. On the Mortgage Interest Statement (Form 1098) for the second trust, it indicates my husband as the borrower, with his social security number (note: the first trust statement correctly reflects both our names and social security numbers). I called the bank holding the second trust and was told, "this is the way it is". I don't understand, since we got the loan jointly. My concern is that when filing income taxes I will not benefit from the interest paid on the second trust. Can you explain this situation and what remedies I have? Thanks!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">