• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Next Step?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

P

paschwhi

Oklahoma.
My son purchased a 2001 Jeep GC used with less than 10,000 miles on it. It was still under warranty.
Since he purchased it he has had it in the shop seven times. First oil was leaking out of the rear end and it was making noises. They filled it with oil and said fixed.
He has taken it to the shop 2 times for the rotors being warped. Said they fixed it.
Check engine light comes on, shop put it on computer and said they knew there was a problem but Chrysler did not have a solution for it.
Check engine light, abs light coming on, shop said they put it on computer and that it had a bad plug and replaced it and said check it again in a couple of weeks because the way the plug was mangled there might be a problem with the lifters or pistons.
My son suggested maybe they should check the computer in the Jeep and they said it couldn't possibly be that.
Now they have made an appointment to take it back in again, rotors have warped again, check engine light on, abs light on and rear end is making noises.
How does the lemon law work that they might possibly be able to get out from underneath this headache?

T

totallybroke

Have you looked in your owner's manual wallet, usually there is an arbitration pamphlet in there, it will detail who is covered and who isn't. I filed for arbitration with a new vehicle (dodge pu) and won. Be prepared to document EVERYTHING and be patient it takes about 40-60 days from beginning to end, but well worth it if you can prove you case and you win.

Hope this helps.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">