• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Employer Issue/ Personal Tax witholding

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

E

EnigaAZ

I live & work in Arizona. It has come to my attention, that my former employer never paid income tax for the employees for 2001. The company was taken over in the last quarter of 01. The new management did take responsiblity for payroll tax from that time. What was reported for me was approx $10,000 however my income was somewhere around $28,000. My question is what to do? Would I be held responsible for the unpaid taxes? I also was laid off in December. I filed for unemployment, and listed my income as it was $approx 28K. HELP!!

L

loku

You are not responsible for the withholding because of the employer's non payment--as long as the tax was withheld from your wages.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">