• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Moving May 9, what about the School year

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

M

Moe76

I live in Schenectady, New York. We bought a house in a new town, and will be moving around May 9. My son is in Special Education, at a public school. I will be keeping him back this year, since none of his pals will know. If I start him in a new school his new friends will know he stayed back. I was planning on just driving him every dayto the old school, but now I'm concerned that my neighbor will turn me in. I can't seem to find any policies online, and I'm willing to pay for him to finish the school year here around June 19 or so. Does he have to finish the year, since he'll be doing third grade again anyway? Please advise and thank you.

D

dorenephilpot

So what if your neighbor "turns you in"?

The school isn't going to whine about the child finishing out the last few weeks of the school year, even though you moved.

I think it would be a much bigger problem to just ditch the last few weeks of school because you moved.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">