• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Is my business legal?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

T

TPADiane

I want to make custom candy bar wrappers. They fit over standard Hershey Bars. I know there are other companies out there that do this... but is it legal to cover over a Hershey Bar?

My school wants to use them for fund faisers and I want to make sure I can legally cover the Hershey label with a custom wrapper from the school... I do not plan on renaming the bar... simply, the name of the school and the fact that it is a fund faiser...

Thanks!:confused:

L

loku

I think that to be safe, you ought to write Hershey and ask permission to do this. They will probably be glad to grant permission. Even if it is a legal use of the product, it is good form to ask permission.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">