• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Used Car Rights...?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

R

RawisLaw

Hello
A month ago I bought a used Ford Windstar GL (1996) with 39+K miles on it. Before purchasing the vehicle, I had them put several issues (pulls to one side, erratic transmission shifting, rust in rain channel, rear a/c to name a few) on a "Due Bill" which were supposed to be taken care of by the dealership within 10 days of purchase. I have been to this dealership numerous times now and the pulling is still not fixed. They have sent me to Ford and after three visits there, the problem was finally pinpointed: bent right front axle and shaft. Throughout this whole story, the dealership has lied to me on various subjects and every time they called me to pick up my van, they said that "everything was fixed" or that "they did not notice anything wrong with the steering or transmission, respectively". Now I have an appointment to get the axle and transmission fixed next week (making this the 10th visit at one of the service departments) and despite their denials the car has obviously been wrecked. I see that FL does not have a lemon law for used cars, so what can I do? I have wasted alot of time waiting around and hearing lies... I have kept a log of the events etc. Thanks! ~ Gabriela

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">