• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

W-2

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

jfk

I still haven't recieved a W-2 from one employer. I have called serveral times and get the run around!! They told me that it was mailed on Jan. 28. IT is FEB. 22 now!! I checked wilth the post office and it only takes 2 business days from where they are to me! I have called to request a new one and still haven't recieved it!. I called today and they said they dont know when it will get here and hung up. Then I called again and they said that they dont do the W-2 and they dont know who does. (HOW CAN PAYROLL NOT KNOW!!) and then I called again and they told me NOT to call anymore and they are putting my name on a list to not be help!! what kind of CRAP is that?!! What can I do? Should I report them to the IRS or what? Please let me know. I am very mad!! and dont know what to do. Thank you.

L

loku

One thing you can do is make the best estimate you can of what should be on the W2, then file your tax, based on the estimate. Include a note to the IRS, saying that you had to make the estimate because the employer failed to send the W2, and explain the facts you just posted.

The IRS will get right on the employer that way. You will later be notified how much you owe or how much more refund you get if the estimates you make are not accurate. But there can be no penalty imposed on you if you clearly disclose the fact that it is an estimate, and the reason for that.

There are other things you could do, such as call the IRS and tell them the employer has not sent the W2. But filing the estimate, may end up being the easiest for you.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">