• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Question Re:Claiming Dependants

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

B

bbrwniii

I live in CA. I am a widow and mother of two. I recieve Social Security Survivor Benifits for myself and my two children. I do not believe I have to file taxes. My question is: can my live-in-boyfriend claim me or my children as dependants? Thanks.

ladyeu

Michigan
Yes, if your children are his dependents. He will have to report any income your child received (Social Security). Free live tax advice is available at 1-800-275-5336 ext 0168564 available 24/7

B

bbrwniii

My children are not his biological children. They are from my late husband. My boyfriend and I have been living together since Sept. 2000. Is he still able to claim them if they are not his biological children? So, even though the Social Security Benefits that we recieve are tax free, he would still have to report it?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">