• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Trademark Infringement?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

B

BryanIrrigation

I have seperated from a previous employer and have begun offering service on my own. Our seperation has been less than amicable, and I have many issues pending with them, not the least of wich involves trying to get paid for the work done prior to my seperation. The problem is that in an attempt to allow customers to identify with myself and to estrange myself from my previous employer, I have advertised myself as "Formerly of Company X". My previous employer has sent me a letter informing me that "Company X" is a trademark and using it in anyway constitutes a trademark infringement. Can the stop me from stating that I am "Formerly of Company X"? or making the statement that "I am no longer affiliated with Company X"?

Obviously since I am a service buisness, making such an advertisment allows my customers from before to identify me and find me to continue our relationship. An exit letter to those old customers would possibly produce the same results, but bulk mailers are expensive and threats have been made about me using the customre mailing list in this manner. I did sign a confidentiality and "trade secrets" agreement at the previous employ.

Any help is appreciated.
Bryan K. Howell
Irrigation Technician

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">