• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

help please

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

M

mikejr1212

I have been out on disability two years now and my case against where i use to work(commercial fisherman) is taking a long time. My lawyer is involve with the other in another case. They paid me 15.00 a day for about a year. Now they pay me 32.50 a day. I am going to loose everthing soon. The lawyer for the insurance company went to Spain during this time and then went to somewhere for his 40 th anniversary. Now the lawyers theres and mine had a problem with another case not involving me but because my lawyer refused to bend in that case he taking out on my case,by delaying it. He went to judge and said he needs 6 months for boths cases extra because of Sept. 11th which is understanible but he said after sept 11th that if my lawyer would give him time on the other case that he would take care of my case,he has even put it in writing which i have. I understand that he was out of his office for two weeks because of Sept 11th and neeeded a little bit of time but he said before he went to the judge that he would do my case and made verbal agreement with my lawyer. Aftter the verbal agreement he was talking to my lawyer about other case and didnt get what he wanted so he broke the agrement about my case and wrote what i will put on the bottom of this page. My question is that legal to use a case that doesnt involve me to use it as weapon towards another case. Please read the statement below that the other lawyer wrote. I have three kids and a girlfriend and do not feel that he should prolong the case to make the my lawyer pay for another case that doesnt even concern me?

Dear Mr. A and Ms. A

I refer to Mr. A upsetting telephone conversation with me yesterday morning and his inaccurate suggestion that i had somehow breached an agreement with him regerding attempting to compress all of the remaining pre-trial steps within the period between about October 11th and November 26 under the mat schededuling order. Mr. Amade such a proposal in the case, of the time in the Jersey Girl matter. I thought i made it clear to him during our oral discussion that if he was not going to cooperate with me on the Jersey Girl matter, I certainly was not going to attempt to cooperate with him on the trainor matter. In any event on the morning of October 12th,after reviewing the file on the Trainor matter, I told Mr. A,unequivocally, in writing, that i could not accept his proposal and i asked him to join with me in a request to judge b to reasonably extend the schedule. When Mr A refused, I ahd no choice but to contact Judge B

CMSC

here's a link that may interest you http://www.clr.org/ostates.html
it deals with possible malpractice misconduct issues, they may be able to help you. I would also contact the New Jersey Bar Associtation, if you think you have a claim against your attorney, atleast tell them your story and see what they think. Here is info from their site and it includes a number to call for your problem.
hope it helps

FILING A GRIEVANCE

By Supreme Court rule, all grievances must be in writing and filed with the secretary of the district ethics committee for the district in which the lawyer has his or her main law office. In the event the committee determines that an actual conflict of interest exists in any case, either the member who has the conflict may be disqualified from participating in the case or the matter may be transferred to another district. Ethical conduct is a personal obligation of a lawyer and therefore a grievance must be filed against a specific lawyer and not against a law firm. Because there are currently 17 district ethics committees throughout the state, you are advised to telephone the Ethics/Fee Arbitration Hotline at 1-(800)-406-8594. After you enter the zip code of the attorney's office address, you will be transferred to the appropriate district ethics committee Secretary to request grievance forms.

When you complete and file an Attorney Grievance Form, you must provide sufficient detail about the facts of your grievance such as names and addresses of all witnesses, dates, and pertinent documentation to serve as a basis for further investigation. Failure to provide important facts and copies of important documents may result in a delay in the consideration of the grievance while the documentation is obtained.

M

mikejr1212

Thank You

If you come up with any information that can help me please send it to me.

CMSC

the information i gave you was about all i have been able to come up with. call the number i gave you and use the website to gain some more info, good luck.

M

mikejr1212

ryry's mom

I have been calling the number that you gave me it keeps saying i am not putting in the zip code. Do you know what i am doing wrong. Thank You again.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">