• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Sole proprieptor

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

S

Skylier

My name is Skylier I'm a private label designer.
I been presueing my business for 10years and now its starting to take shape. From 1992 to 2002. I married in 1998. My question is does my husband now own half my business or is just our personal property like our home and car etc. He owns a piece of property of his own. Last year when he refinance I had to signed document givening him rights to his property which was fined with me, because he earned it. But, I earned what I'm doing as a designer. What paper worked do I need to avoided married complications between my business and my personal needs. How do I keep things separate so that I may operate a strong business.

L

loku

Your property rights depend on the law of the state you live in. For example, if it is a community property state, there may be some complications. If it is not, then your business remains your business. However, in either case, a document, signed by both of you, stating that the business and the earnings from it is your sole property would be a good protection for you—much for the same reason that he needed you to sign.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">