• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Used Auto Lemon Law

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

R

RM21

I bought a truck in the state of Colorado back in July 2001. The miles were at about 90,000 and I recently found out that both my tie rods are messed up. I had to replace them both and my tires I had to replace all four back in December. There are other problems with the truck and I want to know what my rights are if I have any this far down the road. I bought it from a dealer and had a 30 day warranty. Am I too late?

racer72

Your vehicle is well beyond the limits of any lemon laws. Did you have the vehicle inspected by an independant mechanic before you purchased it? If the answer is no, you are fully responsible for all repairs that the vehicle requires. And it the vehicle is a 4 wheel drive, 90,000 miles is well beyond the service life of the tie rods, they should have been replaced at 75,000 miles and a 4 wheel alignment would have been done at the same time.

R

RM21

My truck is not a 4 wheel drive. But if the service was not before I bought it and the dealership knew about it and did not disclose that information to me don't I still have any rights? It is pretty obvious that the tie rods were worn down a long time ago. I just didn't have enough money to find out what it was exactly. I took it in for an alignment and that's when they told me.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">