• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Starting Business Need Advice

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

R

rainey32

I am from Ohio. I am a widowed mother of 2 recieving survivors benefits. My bf is divorced and paying child support on his two boys. My questions is ....We are starting a Construction Business. How can we set this up so that he is not taken back to court to have his support raised, in the two years I have been with him it has been raised at least twice, and possibly more often than that. How do we set this up to protect him. He already pays a rather hefty amount. Can we do this as a LLC or is there a better a way? Thanks in advance!!

L

loku

The structure of the business can not legally protect him from increases in support when his income increases.

However, some good divorce lawyers are aware of ways to protect the business assets in such situations by proper planning.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">