• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Should schools be allowed to make kids collect garbage as a form of punishment?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

W

wu39

I would like to know if work detention is legal. Work detention as it exists in my schools involves, as a form of punishment, mandating that a student in question aid the custodial staff in performing various tasks, such as collecting garbage. I am interested as to whether this is a permissible form of punishment, and if a possibility exists that such may be a violation of sanitary standards or a variety of corporal punishment. Assuming that the legal guardian of a student to whom this policy is subjected is not in accord with this manner of discipline, is there any course of action that may be elected in order to avoid serving such detention? Thank you very much for your time.

HomeGuru

wu39 said:
I would like to know if work detention is legal. Work detention as it exists in my schools involves, as a form of punishment, mandating that a student in question aid the custodial staff in performing various tasks, such as collecting garbage. I am interested as to whether this is a permissible form of punishment, and if a possibility exists that such may be a violation of sanitary standards or a variety of corporal punishment. Assuming that the legal guardian of a student to whom this policy is subjected is not in accord with this manner of discipline, is there any course of action that may be elected in order to avoid serving such detention? Thank you very much for your time.
My response: I gues ya never went to scool yerself and learnd to read instrukshuns like the leders in red above. And wood this be a privet or publick scool?
I agree wid da punishmen and dey can kleen toilets two.

vrzirn

I remember when remaining after school to clean the blackboards and clap the erasers was a privilege.

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

vrzirn said:
I remember when remaining after school to clean the blackboards and clap the erasers was a privilege.
My response:

Then I must be "really" old. Hell, I remember it was a privilege to erase the blackboard and get the clap. But, you needed a girlfriend for the latter.

IAAL

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">